5.07.2007

Sooner rather than Later...

My real estate agent, Marie, called me last week and said the builder set up the signing date for May 25th!! I'm very excited - and pleasantly surprised! Wow - I never guessed a contractor would be done sooner rather than later. I guess that's my experience in the commercial building realm. Anyway, we're excited. I don't know whether I'll be there with the kids at the signing or not - trying to work all that out. That is the Friday before Memorial Day, so we won't have our furniture (or anything) until the following Tuesday at least. So, we'll see...

Stahley's first bday party with family was fun. She proved to be a much messier eater than her brother! She's walking around everywhere. Stone picked out a baby doll and stroller to give her from him and she pushes that thing all over the house! It's such a fun age.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, call me if it's a hassle for you to go up there for the signing. Ask you realtor or contractor if Chet can sign without you with a power of attorney. I don't know the Kansas law. I have some friends who just sold a house while the wife was out of town and the husband used a POA. That is, of course, if you don't want to go up there on the 25th.

Michelle said...

yipee for fast contractors!! i hope everything else goes as smoothly as the house things have!

we almost had to get dan to have my POA - but we ended up closing on our house three days after we brought elliot home. i don't even remember signing ANYTHING at closing!!

Elizabeth said...

That is great! I know you are ready to have your life back with Chet.