My new favorite tv show is "My Big Redneck Wedding." Ok, so I guess coining it my favorite is a little over the top, but it's hilarious. Here's a quick recap of last night's episode on CMT:
1. they met (6 or 7 or 8 years ago - they couldn't remember) and he proposed to her during a hog hunting adventure
2. the "happy" couple met the ranch manager and let him know the wedding would be in the pasture and the reception would include mattress surfing and mud wrestling
3. they went to the "Farm and Pet Supply" store to pick out the groom's jacket
4. the couple went over the to do list as they made the reception favors out of tiny clay pots and deer corn
5. the bride's (disgusted) sister tried to "girly" her up and took her to a very nice spa for a full spa treatment. the bride simply could not resist belching for all the attendants while getting her pedicure... sister was not happy. spa attendants were unimpressed by wedding plans!
6. meanwhile, the groom and best man worked out the details of the mattress surfing - tying a mattress behind a 4-wheeler and pulling each other around said pasture.
7. fast forward to the wedding day - where there stands a sign at the entrance to "The Back Forty" which reads: "Kevin and Christy's Weddin' :(" There really was a sad face drawn on it!
8. guests are dressed in cutt-offs and camo and are sitting on a number of things - hay bails, lawn chairs, and truck beds backed up to the site.
9. the groomsmen and bridesmaids roll down the aisle on 4-wheelers
10. the bride follows in on horseback - and oh, the dismount in a wedding dress...
11. the vows were interesting and included, "Christy, do you take Kevin, in spite of his hog hunting, to be your lawfully wedded husband; and will you love him and his dogs as long as you both shall live?"
12. at the end of the ceremony, the preacher rode out on a 4-wheeler.
13. the reception topped it all off - the first one to mattress surf was the groom - and he was driven around and thrown off the mattress by none other than his bride. again, the dismount in a wedding dress...
14. and on to the mud wrestling in a blow up kiddie pool - where the bride went first - in her dress!!!
15. the bride and groom exchange gifts - he got her snake boots in which to hunt hogs... and he told her, "them look gooder than an a new set of mud tires."
16. and my favorite moment - the groom says, "let's go home and constipate this marriage!"
if you haven't seen it, watch it!! (in case you can't wait - you can see it on cmt.com)