7.10.2007

Jen was beautiful!!



It's been a while since I've been to a wedding of someone I am close to. I mean, I've been to weddings lately, just not of those with whom I share roommate experiences... and Jen's was wonderful:) She was a beautiful bride and certainly had the "glow." I'm so glad we got to go! Chet and I left the kids with my mom and uncle at my uncle's house in Dallas and headed out for the wedding - and we were not disappointed by the event. Jen was gorgeous, Brad cried (and let me tell you - I can usually keep it together at a wedding, but when the groom cries - the tears flow), the reception was loads of fun, and most of all, I got to see one of my dearest marry a man with whom she will share a precious lifetime with. Yay for Jen and Brad!!


Here are some of the fun friends I got to hang out with at the reception...Beach-trip lovin' Bufkin

Beth Ann (whom I know better now through blogs than I did back in the day) and Groper Ginn

Stacy the snow-ski queen Colvin

and fashion-police Meg & the girl whose most likely least enjoyed rooming with me - I could be cruel to Jill - but it was all in fun!!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

it's about time! it was so good seeing you!

jill said...

I know what O'Doul's is! And what's up with Mandy's nickname - the groper?

ashley said...

you'll have to ask mandy about that... and O'Doul's? not sure i remember anything about that

Elizabeth said...

No the least likely to have enjoyed living with you was me! Totally joking of course but the laughing at sitcoms....huh!

jill said...

I walked into the apartment and you and Meg were drinking O'Doul's and thought you could fool me into thinking that you were drinking real beer. You don't remember that?!?!?! You were never cruel, you just made me crazy because I never knew when I would see a rear end in the window :)

ashley said...

only for you, Jill.

Mandy said...

Jill, Ashley calls me that b/c I was once dared by 2 friends (let's call them "Ashy and Jessy" for example) to grab a certain someone's (let's call him "Dave Stranger" for example) butt. But he claims I groped him and the story just got bigger and bigger every time it was told. But I'm still a sweet innocent angel just like you, Jill, until proven guilty. :)

Jessica said...

was i a part of the original dare? i can't remember. it was darn funny, though, and i will gladly take credit for it. i think i remember lots of stories about him getting blown way out of proportion (e.g. a random night of peeping tomishness and underwear).

i do believe ash introduced me to some o'doul's too. nastiness.

Mandy said...

I thought you were. I was thinking it was you, me, Ash, Dave, and maybe Derik leaving Ash's apartment and walking across the street to Dave's car. A girl never forgets the details of when she touched that bum!

Jessica said...

ah, yes, you are correct. twas me.